This text provides a refreshingly new and practical treatment to the study of control systems.It adopts a layered approach in which the first few chapters are suitable for use in introductory courses and the material then progresses smoothly to some advanced topics such as optimal control, robustness, Kalman filtering, multivariable systems and a substantial chapter on nonlinear systems.Major topics such as system stability are revisited at appropriate levels throughout the text, giving a steady progression of increasing depth.
1. Introduction To Control System Modelling.
2. System Response, Stability And Performance.
3. Single-Input Single-Output Design.
4. State-Space And Digital Control.
5. 'On-Off' Control And Practical Control Devices.
6. 'True' Digital Controllers.
7. System Identification And Modelling.
8. Observers And State Estimation.
9. Multivariable Systems In The Frequency Domain.
10. Adaptive And Self-Tuning Control.
11. Optimal Control.
12. Nonlinear Systems.
Bill Barraclough is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Engineering, Sheffield Hallam University.