The essential introduction to management and organisational behaviour over half a million students worldwide have used Management and Organisational Behaviour to help them learn. Written in an engaging style and packed with contemporary references to management research and practice, this book continues to be the Organisational Behaviour text of choice for todays students.
This ninth edition brings a wide range of brand new and intriguing examples and case studies on issues and organisations that are engaging, relevant and contemporary. It also provides the latest research and new coverage of hot topics such as corporate responsibility and ethics, diversity, and organisational learning. The breadth of appeal of this text makes it ideal for Management and Organisation courses from undergraduate up to MBA.
A range of real life examples and case studies illustrate the theories of human behaviour at work, and the influence of individuals, leaders and groups on organisational performance.
Using frequent questions and exercises, a clear layout, and additional online resources, this book will enable you to
- think critically about topical issues and debates.
- develop your personal and professional skills for work and study.
- reinforce and assess your knowledge and understanding.
- navigate your way through the text efficiently and effectively.
- succeed in your project work, research and exams.
Personalised learning | Online assessment |Instant access to interactive learning
MyManagementLab from Pearson provides an innovative and interactive web-based solution that personalises both the teaching and learning experience. With content developed to match the learning outcomes of Management and Organisational Behaviour by Laurie J. Mullins, the power of MyManagementLab lies in the combination of assessment, reporting, and personalised study that helps both students and instructors succeed.
Within a flexible course management platform, instructors can:
- Assess student progress through homework quizzes and tests that are easily set using the extensive pre-prepared question bank.
- Assign short answer, discussion and essay questions from each chapter for student homework or tutorial preparation.
- Track student activity and performance using detailed reporting capabilities.
- Communicate with students and teaching staff using email and announcement tools.
Students will benefit from a personalised learning experience, where they can:
- Complete a diagnostic pre-test to generate a personal self-study plan that enables them to focus on the topics where their knowledge is weaker.
- Improve their understanding through a variety of practice activities including; revision flashcards, e-book reading assignments, short answer questions, audio downloads and video cases.
- Measure their progress with a follow-up post-test that ensures they have mastered key learning objectives and gives them the confidence to move on to the next chapter.
A dedicated team will give you all the assistance you need to get online and make the most of MyManagementLab. If you would like to find out more about how to take advantage of this innovative opportunity to personalise your course, please contact your local Pearson sales consultant.
1 - The nature of Organisational Behaviour
2 - Approaches to organisation and management
3 - The nature and context of organisations
4 - Individual difference and diversity
5 - The nature of learning
6 - Perception and Communication
7 - Work motivation and job satisfaction
8 - The nature of work, groups and teams
9 - Working in groups and teams
10 - The nature of leadership
11 - The role of the manager
12 - Managerial behaviour and effectiveness
13 - Human Resource Management
14 - Organisation Strategy and Structure
15 - Patterns of structure and work organisation
16 - Technology and organisations
17 - Organisational control and power
18 - Corporate responsibilities and ethics
19 - Organisation, culture and change
20 - Organisational performance and effectiveness
Thoroughly updated and revised to reflect the latest research and examples of management and organisational behaviour in practice, new content includes:
- A completely new Management in The News example for every chapter; a significant number of new and updated end of chapter case studies; and the addition of an Academic Viewpoint feature at the end of each Part of the book that covers journal articles to enable the reader to engage with contemporary research and critical debate.
- Brand-new chapter on corporate responsibility and ethics
- A significantly rewritten chapter on the social implications of technology and its impact on people (Ch 16)
- Major new sections on organisational behaviour modification, and the Ultimatum Game (Ch 7).
- New material on: lifelong learning and the learning organisation (Ch 20); social enterprise organisations and the future of work; stress and work/life balance (Ch 3); creative leadership and group development, and social identity theory (Ch 8); and diversity and cross-cultural working and the learning organisation.
- MyManagementLab for Mullins: a powerful online learning aid that offers: video case studies that complement the topics in the textbook; a personalised study guide with exercises and animations; a testbank of questions to test your understanding; annotated weblinks; flashcards and glossary.