This first New Zealand edition of Accounting: an introduction provides a solid introduction to financial and management accounting and finance for those needing to acquire an understanding of key concepts and their practical application in decision-making. The emphasis is on the application and interpretation of information for decision-making, and on the underlying concepts, rather than on the collection of data and the preparation of statements and reports.
Aimed primarily at students who are studying accounting and finance as part of a university degree or MBA course, this text is designed specifically for the New Zealand market. The text incorporates New Zealand legislation and New Zealand equivalents to international accounting standards, and contains numerous real-world, New-Zealand–specific examples. The Warehouse Group Limited’s 2009 Annual Report is referred to frequently throughout the text.
- The textbook is also supported by a range of free supplements for lecturers and students.
- The following supplements, prepared by Nick McGuigan (Lecturer, Macquarie University) and Thomas Kern (Lecturer, University of Canterbury), are available for use by instructors with Accounting: An Introduction: PowerPoint™ slides; Digital image library; Solutions Manual; Additional exercises; Case Studies and Case Study Solutions
- In addition lecturers (and students) also have access to a Mandarin Glossary of Accounting Terms authored by Ivy Woo.
- PLUS lecturers and students have the option to purchase MyAccountingLab® for use with the text.
- MyAccountingLab is web-based tutorial and assessment software for accounting that is linked to the textbook. It provides unlimited practice of questions and exercises; immediate feedback; additional tutorial tools and learning aids; personalised study plans and guided solutions. www.pearsoned.co.nz/myaccountinglab
- Glenn Rechtschaffen (Senior Tutor, University of Auckland) revised and updated the questions for the this edition of MyAccountingLab