Sails Literacy Charting Progress Kits assist teachers in gathering information about the literacy learner. They provide a profile of the student’s development in oral language; written language (reading and writing) and visual language.
The Sails Literacy Charting Progress Kit for Emergent/Early Levels includes:
- Levelled unseen fiction and non-fiction texts to use with students as they progress through the developmental levels of Emergent and Early.
- A variety of tasks that probe the comprehension strategies students are able to use.
- Checks and Checklists to ascertain the learning intentions achieved, with suggestions for strengthening areas of need.
- Observation Sheets to provide insight into students’ attitudes to reading and writing, with suggestions to support students demonstrating problems.
- A variety of visual language tasks that give information about students’ abilities to interpret visual information.
- Suggested schedules for information gathering.
This Sails Literacy Charting Progress Kit will support the identification of:
- Instructional Reading Level
- Comprehension Strategies
- Processing Strategies
- Fluency Skills (Flow and Phrasing)
- Vocabulary Knowledge
- Phonic Knowledge
- Phonemic Awareness
- Visual Information Knowledge
- Writing Stage
- Oral Language Stage
Order online @ pearsoned.co.nz/sails