Sails Literacy Charting Progress Kits assist teachers in gathering information about the literacy learner. They provide a comprehensive profile of the student’s development in oral and written language and visual language.
The Sails Literacy Charting Progress Kit for Fluency Level includes:
- levelled unseen fiction and non-fiction cards to use with students as they progress through the Fluency developmental levels.
- a variety of tasks that probe the comprehension strategies students are able to use
- checks and checklists to ascertain the learning intentions achieved, with suggestions for strengthening areas of need
- observation sheets to provide insight into students’ attitudes to reading and writing, with suggestions to support students who are experiencing problems
- a variety of visual language tasks that give information about students’ ability to interpret visual information
- suggested schedules for information gathering.
The Sails Literacy Charting Progress Kit will support identification of:
- instructional reading level
- comprehension strategies
- processing strategies
- fluency skills (flow and phrasing)
- vocabulary knowledge
- phonic knowledge
- phonemic awareness
- visual information knowledge
- writing stage
- oral language stage
Order online @ pearsoned.co.nz/sails