Building on the foundations laid in the companion text Modern Engineering Mathematics, this book gives an extensive treatment of some of the advanced areas of mathematics that have applications in various fields of engineering, particularly as tools for computer-based system modelling, analysis and design.
The philosophy of learning by doing helps students develop the ability to use mathematics with understanding to solve engineering problems. A wealth of engineering examples and the integration of MATLAB and MAPLE further support students.
· New topics are introduced, including new sections on singular value decomposition, direct design of digital filters and windows, and integral solution of partial differential equations
· More references are made to the use of MATLAB and MAPLE with commands and codes introduced
· The order of chapters is updated, giving a more logical progression throughout the book
· Colour is introduced to make the text more accessible and student-friendly
· Updated Lecturer Solutions Manual