Birth to Big School, 2nd edition, is written to support delivery of units in the Certificate III in Children’s Services. The text focuses on development in early and middle childhood, and covers the following topics:
- Beginnings – introduces concepts and principles relating to child development, and looks at play as a learning strategy for young children
- Moving – examines physical development, including gross and fine motor skills
- Thinking and Talking – looks at cognitive development, language and communication and literacy skills
- Socialising – looks at the development of the closely related social and emotional domains, including key developments such as trust, attachment, autonomy and self-esteem. Also explores how to guide children toward positive behaviour
- Playing – discusses the provision of appropriate play environments and experiences that support children’s development and learning, including an introduction to observing and documenting children’s learning
- Documentation – a new chapter which summarises the key elements of a quality early childhood program.
Preview online >>
WORKING IN CHILDREN’S SERVICES SERIES
Each of the books in the award-winning Working in Children’s Services Series has been written to assist students in attaining the skills and knowledge required to achieve a Children’s Services qualification. With its easy-to-read style and engaging full-colour presentation, this series is an excellent resource for students. Other titles in the series:
Certificate III in Children’s Services
The Big Picture, 2nd edition (ISBN: 9781442514270)
Diploma of Children’s Services (Early childhood education and care)
The Business of Childcare, 2nd edition (ISBN: 9781442514294)
Frameworks for Learning Development, 2nd edition (ISBN: 9781442514287)
Karen Kearns M.Ed. (EC), B.Ed. (EC), Grad.Dip.Ed. (Spec.Ed.), Dip.Teach. (EC) and Cert. IV Assessment and Workplace Training.
Karen is the founder of an RTO specialising in child care and has been actively involved in early childhood education as a teacher, Children’s Services Advisor, lecturer and consultant. She is co-author of several early childhood texts and has a special interest in the management of children’s services.
Login as educator/teacher to access or purchase